Town of Johnstown
8am – 5pm
Founded 1887. Incorporated 1914.
Welcome to the building permitting and inspection page for the Town of Johnstown. Johnstown has contracted ProCode Inc. to provide permitting and building inspection services. This page contains general guidance, helpful hints, and other related resources to help you with questions you may have about the application and inspection processes.
Relevant information pertaining to Johnstown’s guidelines and answers to many common questions can be found in the resources and documents that follow. If you have specific questions, please contact us and a ProCode representative will get back to you promptly.
To get started with the online application process, please review the following links. Please note that contractors will need to provide proof of liability insurance with the Town of Johnstown listed as the insurance certificate holder.
- Residential Patio Covers & Carports
- Residential One-Story Addition
- Residential One Story Detached Garage
- Residential Uncovered Decks and Porches
- Residential Pole Barn Construction
- Residential Basement Finish
- Residential Enclosing Existing Patio Covers
- Enclosed Patio
- Fences and Walls (need link)
- Single Family Residential Re-roof
- Contemporaneous Reviews of Electrical and Plumbing Licenses
- Residential Roofing Bill of Rights
- Uncovered Decks Joist Table
Cascade Software Information
- Cascade Software Information
- Cascade – Scheduling Instructions
- Cascade – Upload Documents
- Cascade Template Adjustment Form
- Cascade – Help Desk
Be sure to take note of the important items listed below that may affect your application and inspection.
January 1, 2021
Attention: The Town of Johnstown has changed software for building and planning permits. As of January 1, 2021, you will no longer be able to apply through Cascade. To apply for a new building permit in 2021 and beyond, you must go to the Town of Johnstown website.
Please Note: Commercial applications must also be made to Loveland Fire Rescue Authority (LFRA). To access LFRA permitting guidelines, click here
Health Department plan reviews and related permits are conducted separately by Larimer and Weld County Health Departments. If you are building or remodeling a restaurant, bar, grocery store, hotel, health care facility, daycare center, or school you will need to contact the health department for their submittal requirements. Click here for health department contact information.
Johnstown has adopted the 2018 I-Codes, with the 2012 Energy code, and 2020 National Electrical Code. You can review the code adoption with amendments in the Related Resources section.
Ready to apply?
Click here to access the online permitting system.